100% thermoplastic polyolefin compound with a high performance reinforcing layer.
Three high performance backings to meet your every need: EcoWorx tile, EcoWorx broadloom and EcoWorx performance broadloom. All backed with an environmental guarantee for free reclamation and recycling. This PVC-free, Cradle to Cradle Certi?edCM backing system offers proven performance in more than 500,000 projects across 80 countries worldwide.
Backing with Environmental Advantage.
- All of our high-performance EcoWorx carpet backings offer significant environmental advantages:
- Designed to be safe and sustainable, EcoWorx provides ingredient transparency through Cradle to Cradle Certification™ at the Silver Level and other measures, including Health Product Declarations and Declare Registration.
- Uses 40% less energy to produce than traditional carpet tile.
- Weighs 40% less than traditional carpet tile – making it more efficient to transport and easier to install.
- This product can be recycled*
- Low VOCs – meeting the requirements for Green Label Plus certi?cation.
- Contributes to LEED 2009 and v4. Learn more
- High performance sustainability – at no additional cost.
- Environmental guarantee for free reclamation and recycling.
Reclamation and Recycling.
EcoWorx backed products come with an environmental guarantee for free reclamation and recycling.* Every EcoWorx tile or broadloom product is printed with a 1-800 number on the back to facilitate the return of the product at the end of its useful life at no cost to the customer.
Continental US and Canada Guarantee:
Shaw will take back 500 yards or greater of EcoWorx material at no cost to you.
Alaska, Hawaii and Mexico Guarantee:
Shaw will take back 5,000 yards or greater of EcoWorx material at no cost to you.
Shaw will take back 5,000 yards or greater of EcoWorx material from any international port at no cost to you.
Performance and Specifications.
All EcoWorx products offer a lifetime commercial warranty against edge ravel, zippering, delamination, and moisture degradation to ensure product integrity throughout their entire use.
When Shaw Contract introduced EcoWorx tile in 1999, it set a new standard for carpet tile performance. EcoWorx tile is the strongest, most durable tile backing with 5 times the tensile strength, 8 times the tear strength and 2 times the delamination strength of traditional PVC-backed tiles. Within five years of its introduction, customers self-selected EcoWorx technology as its preferred backing of choice. Extending this durable and sustainable backing to the broadloom market, Shaw Contract now offers three high-performance EcoWorx products to meet your every need: EcoWorx tile, EcoWorx broadloom and EcoWorx performance broadloom.