Bendywood® Pliable Wood Moulding
Bendywood® is solid hardwood moulding that can be bent in a cold, dry state and worked like normal wood.
This unique wood is manufactured from blanks of European hardwood beech that have been subjected to a special thermo-mechanical process:
At first the blanks are steamed to soften the cell walls. Then, still damp, the blanks are compressed along their length. Finally, they are dried in this compressed form.
• Bends in a cold and dry state.
• Profile it first, then bend it.
• Works like normal wood.
• No need for special tools or equipment – just bend by hand!
• Stain and glue Bendywood like normal wood.
• Re-bendable it when need if errors are made in calculations.
• Endless shelf life.
• Superior quality hardwood.
• An ideal solution for difficult interior design problems.
• A superior product from an aesthetical point of view since the grain always follows the curve.
• Saves time and money when compared to traditional wood bending techniques and working with laminates.