Pilkington Pyrodur™ Fire Protection Glass was specifically designed to meet requirements for 20 minute applications. Its performance is based on the same advanced technology as Pilkington Pyrostop™.
Pilkington Pyrodur™ holds back flames, smoke and hot gases. Its great advantage compared to the majority of other glasses in its class is that it also offers a bonus in terms of better thermal protection (90 % of radiant heat). As Pilkington Pyrostop™ it must always be used as a part of an approved fire protection rated framing assembly.
* Totally clear, Pilkington Pyrodur™ is aesthetically superior to other fire protection glasses, combining fire protection with the traditional optical quality and clarity of glass.
* Isolates the fire and protects the non-fire side from the blaze, reducing damage, allowing time for safe escape and providing protection for firefighters.
* Protects against smoke, flames and hot gases.
* Stays in place throughout the rating period when installed in an appropriate door or window assembly.
* Established track record of performance proven over more than 20 years of use worldwide in a broad range of building types and in single glazed applications.
* Designed for interior and exterior applications and is ideal for windows and doors.
* Pilkington Pyrodur™ resists thermal shock caused by sprinklers.
* Meets CPSC Category I and II Impact Resistance depending on type and is listed with Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
* Available in the U.S. in thicknesses from 0.28" (7 mm) to 0.94" (24 mm) with short lead times through regional cutting stations.
* Comes with a five year warranty.
Pilkington Pyrodur™ can be combined with a range of Pilkington glasses in insulating glass units for optimization of thermal insulation and solar control - all with built-in high performance fire protection.
* Thermal insulation can be maximized in an insulating glass unit that combines Pilkington Pyrodur™ with Low-E glass.
* Solar control can be optimized by creating an insulating glass unit using Pilkington Pyrodur™ and solar control glass.
For more information visit: