Viracon's Protective Glass products incorporate a laminated glass component capable of resisting threats from hurricanes, tornadoes, seismic events, ballistic and forced entry or physical attack threats and mitigate against the effects of bomb blasts.
• Hurricane-Resistant Glass
• Blast-Mitigating Glass
• Security Glass
(including Ballistic Protection and Forced-Entry and Physical Attack Protection)
Other Benefits of Protective Glass Laminates
Viracon's protective glass laminates provide several other benefits in addition to storm or security protection:
• Acoustical performance- Laminated glass reduces noise transmission due to the sound damping characteristics of the interlayer
• Safety - Laminated glass meets national safety standard ANSI Z97.1 and the Federal Safety Standard CPSC 16 CFR 1201
• Ultraviolet/Solar protection - Provides 99% UV light blockage at the wavelength range of ~300 - 380 nanometers.
• The abrasion-resistance surface of glass
• Thermal performance and pleasing aesthetics, when incorporated with Viracon Solarscreen™ coatings, in insulating units, with silk-screen patterns, etc.