The standard tubular motor has been utilized in ElectroShades® for over 25 years. The motors include:
• A single four-conductor wire
• 110/220 volt, 1.5 – 3 amps
• Contain internal, mechanical or electronic, upper and lower limit switches
• Are bi-directional with a reversing capacitor
• Can not be wired in parallel or in series. Motors must be electrically isolated
Tubular motors are asynchronous with variations from their rated RPM. Therefore the shades will not always align without specific controls, such as the IQ/MLC and IMCS/2, which overcome the alignment issue.