Sure-Tie quickly and accurately pierces insulation and/or wallboard to abut with steel studs in brick veneer applications.
* One-piece design provides superior strength.
* (#4520) 12-24 self driller.
* (#4530) 1/3/4″ tapcon thread.
* Accommodates 1/2″ and 5/8″ wallboard and various thicknesses of insulation.
* Complies with ACI 530 Code.
* (#4520) Allows positive contact with steel stud backup.
* (#4530) Allows positive contact with concrete or wood.
* Compression and tension loads in the veneer are transferred to the steel stud backup.
* High strength barrel and slotted head fabricated from carbon steel.
* Manufactured and tested in conformance with SAE J78 ( self-drilling and self-tapping screws ).
* Holds insulation in place, permitting contractors to install 4′ x 8′ sheets with ease, saving time and money.
* Compatible with the WIRE-BOND® Clip System used in seismic zones.
* #4520 : Silver-gray climaseal finish resulted in 0% red rust at 1000 hours exposure to ASTM B-117 salt spray testing.
* #4523 : Blue climaseal finish resulted in 0% red rust at 1000 hours exposure to ASTM B-117 salt spray testing.
* #4510 :Available in hot dip galvanized or stainless steel.
SURE TIE ADJUSTABLE TRIANGLE (#4510)
* Allows a maximum of 1-1/4″ vertical movement.
* Design permits no disengagement.
* Maximum clearance between connecting parts of the tie is 1/16″ or less.
* 3/16″ diameter.