Lapeyre Stair has always recommended sway bracing to maximize the stability of our Crossover Systems, and now you can order your bracing directly from us! Designed for Crossover Systems with stairs up to 8' tall and platforms up to 8' long, our convenient Crossover Bracing Kit includes:
* Brackets: Stainless Steel upper and lower connections, plus hardware.
* Custom Brace Tubing: Available in carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. Tubing length will vary according to your Crossover configuration.
Once fabricated, the bracing only allows for approximately 1" of adjustment during installation to account for minor inaccuracies in floor anchor drilling. To determine the correct brace specifications for your Crossover System, the following information is required when you place your order:
* Basic dimensions of obstacles under and near the Crossover System.
* Optimal spread angle: Spread angle range is 0 to 20 degrees for 56 degree angle stairs and 0 to 10 degrees for 68 degree angle stairs.
* Optimal brace angle: Brace angle range is 20 to 30 degrees (from vertical plane) for all configurations.
Our Customer Service Representatives can help you determine your optimal brace and spread angles based on Crossover stair height, platform length, and obstacle dimensions. Or you can use the attached Excel Spreadsheet to determine the proper bracing for your application
Call today for more information: 800-535-7631.