Cem-Steel is a structural span-rated sheathing used for fire-rated floor, roof and security wall applications. Cem-Steel is highly resistant to weather, impact, mold/fungus, abuse and vermin/insect attack. Cem-Steel is composed of Plycem fiber-reinforced cement board which is laminated to a galvanized steel sheet for additional strength and durability.
Cem-Steel is supplied in 4’ x 8’ sheets and thicknesses of 7/16”, 5/8” & ¾". Square edges are available on all thicknesses and a modified tongue and groove is available on panels 5/8” & thicker.
KEY BENEFITS of CEM-STEEL ®
* Moisture Resistant
* Mold/Fungus Resistant
* Termite/Vermin Resistant
* Impact & Abuse Resistant
* Ideal for use in Fire-Resistant Construction
* Lightweight alternative to poured concrete over metal deck.
* Installs & Fabricates using carpentry tools and equipment.
CEM-STEEL ® APPLICATIONS
* For Roofs:
o The solution to fire-retardant treated (FRT) plywood roof problems.
o Gain durability of Portland cement on a sloped roof.
o Nailable! Roofing shingles applied using pneumatically operated nail guns with corrosion resistant roofing nails.
* For Floors:
* 1 & 2 Hour Fire-Rated floor/ceiling assemblies
* Cost Friendly Alternative to pouring concrete
* Single Trade Installation
* Easily installed with standard tools by carpentry contractors.
* Meets H.U.D. requirements as a structural floor sheathing.
* For Walls:
* Ideal for wall applications where impact and abuse is a concern.
* High shear/diaphragm resistance values.
* Security wall sheathing for stud framed walls.