CTC Backward Carpet Trim is used as a transition between hard surface floors such as tile or wood and carpet.
The reverse leg allows for easy installation where there are existing floor finishes. The 3/8" reveal provides protection to the edges of hard surface flooring and prevents the carpet from fraying.
* Commercial floor applications where carpet meets a hard surface are suitable
for CTC Backward Carpet Trim installation
* Transitions from tile to carpet in retail stores are the most common installations
* Install in new construction or renovations
* Ideal for commercial applications exposed to heavy foot traffic
* Can be installed with existing hard surface flooring
* A flange overhangs the carpeting thereby preventing the edges of the carpeting
from fraying. The edge that abuts the hard surface will protect the edge of the
flooring from damage
* Provides a smooth transition between different flooring types
* Aluminum: clear and bronze anodized finishes
How to Radius
CTC Trims and Transitions can easily be modified and installed in a radius or curve using the following directions as a guide.
* Using a tin snips or other appropriate tool, cut the notches out of perforations in leg. The number of open holes required is dependent on the size of the radius. The more perforations that are cut the more bendable the product becomes. (If bending the CTC Joint, you will need to cut the leg on both sides)
* Then slowly bend the CTC Trim into the desired arc. CTC Transitions can be shaped for inside or outside radiuses
* We strongly suggest the use of a template to pre-shape transitions strips prior to installation. This will prevent "kinking" of materials. A template can be created out of any sturdy sheet material such as plywood or masonite
* CTC Backward Carpet Trim is available in 8ft. lengths
* Manufactured in three (3) heights: 1/4", 11/32" and 7/16"