The MetalWorks Tartan System offers a broad range of metal panel size and finish options in a strikingly bold exposed wide grid system.
KEY SELECTION ATTRIBUTES
• Large format panels – up to 48" x 48"
• Exposed grid system in a variety of widths and modules up to 60" x 60"
• Accommodates a variety of lighting system types and sizes
• Wide choice of perforations and colors
• All panels fully accessible
• Swing down options available for maximum easy of access
• Downward accessibility – minimum plenum clearance required
• Acoustical correction
• Standard colors are Global White, Silver Grey (RAL 9006) and Gun Metal Grey (RAL 9007)
• Custom colors are available – contact 877-ARMSTRONG for details.
• Tartan System modules
Tartan Systems may be provided in a variety of modules up to 60" center to center. Modules may be square or rectangular.
• Exposed grid members and Crossing boxes
The elements of the exposed suspension system are available in a variety of widths: 4", 6", 8", 12". Any length may be specified up to 12’ 0".
Panels may be square or rectangular and may fill the Tartan grid opening in a variety of patterns. The largest single square panel offered is 48" x 48" – using a 12" exposed grid member (C-channle) with this size panel will yield a system on a 60" x 60" module.
Note that large metal panels will inevitably sag. Certain perforations patterns and lighting conditions will render sag very apparent and unsightly. While it may be possible to manufacture panels outside the limitations described here, our experience has shown that such panel sizes cannot be reliably produced and installed in an acceptably flat condition.