Initially conceived as a rocking stool, Isamu Noguchi's playful design caught the attention of Hans Knoll who thought it a perfect complement to the Bertoia wire collection. At the suggestion of Hans Knoll, Noguchi adapted the stool into a small table in 1954, and a full size dining table in 1957. The distinctive base features chrome-plated steel wires set into a cast-iron, black porcelain-finished foot. The top is available in white or black laminate.
CONSTRUCTION AND DETAILS
• Tabletop is birch plywood with laminate or veneer surface and a natural birch edge
• Column is chrome-plated steel wire
• Base is case iron with black textured powder coat finish
• KnollStudio logo and Isamu Noguchi's signature are stamped on the underside of the tabletop
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN AND ENVIRONMENTAL CERTIFICATION
• Cyclone™ Side Table is certified Clean Air GOLD