An Air Barrier that Benefits all Building Professionals.
1. WrapShield® is a Type I & II Air Barrier / Air Retarder
2. Prevents water intrusion yet allows vapor to escape
3. Can remain exposed 9 months with minimal UV degradation
4. Allows building components to dry from the inside out
5. Helps provide protection from mold, mildew and rot
6. Effective with any rain screen design cladding system
7. Compatible with wood, metal and composite siding, shingles, plaster, EIFS and stucco
8. Orange color (available in black for open joint rain screen designs)
9. Staples directly to plywood, OSB and gypsum sheathing
10. Resistant to rips, tears and punctures during and after application
11. Can span between metal studs without substrate
12. Complete system for water proofing walls and around window openings. ASTM D779 (Boat Test) Approved
13. Factory formed corners and flashing materials staple around and into window openings replacing the non-permeable peel and stick products
14. Reduces project liability
15. Cost advantages when factoring labor and materials
WrapShield™ The Water Resistant Air Barrier is part of a complete family of breathable products with a range of permeability factors to suit your building requirements and conditions. Our products offer superior water resistance while allowing harmful moisture vapor to escape from inside the building and helps deliver effective prevention of mold, mildew and rot. Other members of our family of products include RoofShield ® The Breathable Underlayment for Roofs and WallShield® The Breathable Weather Resistant Barrier.
A total system...
All of our VaproShield® products are compatible with other building products. The material is highly tear resistant and the system offers a full line of accessories including factory formed corners, all flashing materials and sill pans for maximum moisture protection.